The general curriculum areas are social development, spiritual
growth, language development, mathematics concepts, science and
social studies concepts, art, music and motor visual coordination.
Goals of the
- To develop initiative and creativity
- To learn to follow simple directions
- To develop language ability
- To learn to ask questions
- To learn about the world around me
To provide an opportunity for physical activities, for muscular
development and for recreation.
- To develop a sense of responsibility
- To develop self-reliance
- To develop a reasonable amount of self-control
- To learn to get along with others
- To learn to share and take turns
- To develop fair play
- To learn to respect one's property and that of others
- To see God in the world about us
- To worship God daily
- To grow in faith
- To know and love Jesus
- To develop an awareness of self as a person and as a child of
Each child should have a complete physical examination by his/her
family physician before admission.
Medication will not be administered to your child during the school
session. Please make arrangements for medication to be given before
or after school hours.
The school year is from September to June with the usual holidays
being observed. In the event of inclement weather, please listen to
radio station 1450 WCTC-AM for Our Lady of Lourdes, Milltown,
WCTC's website with school
home page of our school's website. In case of emergency of a school closing, you will be
notified by the Honeywell Instant Alert system.
The program is available after the first Pre-Kindergarten session
until 6:00 pm each day for full day students. There is a separate fee for this service.
For more information regarding this program please click
Our Lady of Lourdes School reserves the right to
request withdrawal of any child who finds it difficult to make the
adjustment of attending school. In the event of withdrawal by
parents, the office must be notified a minimum of two weeks prior.
Our Lady of Lourdes Pre-Kindergarten admits students
of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all rights,
privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or make
available to students in the program.